Now what? Helpful links from our team to yours
Originally published 3/17, updated with additional contributions 3/27.
“How can we be of service?”
It’s a question we at Revenue Analytics are always asking ourselves.
And it’s why we were inspired to share a list of resources that is helping our own team adjust to the “new normal” of work and home life under COVID-19.
We hope you’ll find these resources (which exclude news and medical info) as helpful as we have.
If you’ve got a great resource to share, send it to us and we’ll add it!
Leading in Turbulent Times
- What are leading companies doing in response to coronavirus? COVID-19 Strategies and Policies of the World's Largest Companies (Gallup)—recommended by Alex Daniels
- Best practices for communicating with key constituencies: Communicating Through the Coronavirus Crisis (Harvard Business Review)—recommended by Michael McCunney
- On developing communication plans to respond to COVID-19: 10 Tips to Help Your Business Communicate Throughout the Coronavirus Crisis (TNW)—recommended by Zach Cross
- On rising to the challenge when faced with a crisis: 10 Steps to Effective Coronavirus Crisis Leadership (Inc.com)—recommended by Stan Ward
- Ways to master the challenges of managing a virtual team: 3 Effective Ways New Leaders Can Motivate a Remote Team (Forbes)—recommended by Pratik Mital
- How to approach your customers and business during this time: How Do You Sell In a Coronavirus Environment? (BusinessesGrow.com)—recommended by Michael McCunney
- Practical food and cooking advice: How to Stock Your Pantry & Fridge (What’s Gaby Cooking)—recommended by Glenn Peake
- Key takeaways from WaPo readers: Tips for Pantry- and Freezer-Friendly Home Cooking (Washington Post)—recommended by Megan Hall
Mastering Remote Work
- Know how to work from home? Coronavirus: How to Work from Home, the Right Way (BBC)—recommended by Alex Daniels
- Working remotely and avoiding dreaded burnout: How to Avoid Burnout in a Remote Team (Zapier)—recommended by Kenya Teague
- Get your work done and maintain your mental well-being, too: 7 Essential Tips for Working From Home During the Coronavirus Pandemic (The Muse)—recommended by Tess McGoldrick
- On striking the right managerial balance: Are You Trusting Your Remote Team—or Ignoring Them? (CBS News)—recommended by Michael McCunney
- Successful virtual collaboration with your colleagues: 7 Communication Tips For Working Remotely When You Usually Don’t (Payscale)—recommended by Sarah Porter
- Great apps to make working from home easier: 10 Best Apps for Working Remotely From Home (VentureHarbour)—recommended by Megan Hall
- Keeping productivity high by improving team engagement: Tips for Rewarding, Recognizing and Engaging Your Remote Team (CBS News)—recommended by Stan Ward
- How to embrace remote working and still be productive: 21 Tried-and-True Tips For Remote Working (Auth0)—recommended by Sebastian Becerra
Managing the Kiddos
- Advice on stepping into the teacher role: Teaching Kids at Home Due to Coronavirus? Homeschooling Moms Share Their Tips (Today)—recommended by Kate Madden-Jones
- Toddlers at home? Here’s how to keep them busy: The Busy Toddler—recommended by Sarah Porter
- A great way to keep your young kids occupied: The Boredom-Busting Activity Jar for Kids (AKA: I’m Bored Ideas)—recommended by Jared Wiesel
- Make a schedule to manage your days: Sample Kids Schedule—recommended by Emilee Bond
- Enrichment for older kids and adults: Stuck at Home? These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take On Your Couch (Travel + Leisure)—recommended by Tess McGoldrick
- When you really need to get out (but can’t): Here’s 33 National Park Tours You Can Take Virtually From the Comfort of Your Home (TotallyTheBomb.com)— recommended by Dan Iliescu
- Scroll down for more live views, from piranhas to California sea lions: Live Beluga Whale Cam From the Georgia Aquarium (Georgia Aquarium)—recommended by Sebastian Becerra
Protecting Mental Well-Being
- Manage your family’s stress: Stressed About COVID-19? Here’s What Can Help (Johns Hopkins)—recommended by Emily Gay
- Relieving tension with exercise: At-Home Workout Tips and Tricks if You’re in Self-Isolation (New York Post)—recommended by Alex Daniels
- Keeping calm while in quarantine: 15 Ways to Practice Self-Care in the Time of Coronavirus (Quartz)—recommended by Tess McGoldrick
- Make yourself, the people you care about, and your community stronger: Manage Anxiety & Stress for Yourself and Others (CDC)—recommended by Tess McGoldrick
*NEW* Tips for prioritizing self-care: You’re at Home. The News Is Intense. Make Time for Self-Care. (Wirecutter)—recommended by Emily Gay
- Know how to manage your investments during the downturn? How to Keep Money Safe as Markets Panic Over the Coronavirus (CNBC)—recommended by Michael McCunney
- Smart financial moves you can make now: Coronavirus and Your Finances: Here’s How to React (Motley Fool)—recommended by Kate Madden-Jones
- Worried about your retirement account? How to Protect Your 401(k) from the Coronavirus (U.S. News and World Report)—recommended by Megan Hall
- Learn the science behind handwashing: A chemistry professor explains: why soap is so good at killing COVID-19 (World Economic Forum)—recommended by Steven Moy
On behalf of everyone at Revenue Analytics, we wish you good health and a safe passage through this extraordinary time.